Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Vso Is Useless! Any Advice On What The Va Wants From Me?

Rate this question

Akaymik

Question

Hi,

My VSO is completely useless. She never returns calls or emails. It's makes this frustrating process even more frustrating.

Anyway, I received a letter from the VA and they state that they want "any orders that you have showing your duty status after 7/3/2012 and prior to 4/16/2012".

So I uploaded all my orders I've ever received from the Army. I also uploaded my last DD214 (I'm a reservist, I have a few) that states "nothing follows" and releases me to my reserve unit. I also uploaded my last active duty report. Other than what I've uploaded I have no idea what else I need. Does anyone have any ideas of any other possible document I should provide them? Have you been in the same boat? The letter also said they would make a decision on my claim within 15 days if I chose not to upload these documents....and even though they asked my unit for this information it is ultimately my responsibility.

Thanks,

Amanda

Edited by Akaymik

• In Memoriam

Good advice.

What they want.

1. a stressor of the event in service

2. a diagnosed condition of the stressor

3. a nexus or connection between the two.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I have a pretty extensive paper trail, so I think that will be helpful. As far as my skin rash goes I have tons of pictures, the derm at my C&P said they were very helpful (I'm currently on near-constant prednisone so my skin mostly looks normal). As far as my MST goes I have emails stating how to file a formal report in regard to what happen, and that I should also "consider my career". A CSM told me my career would be over if I filed a formal complaint, unfortunately that was over the phone. I ultimately didn't file the formal complaint (which I regret), but I do have emails discussing the subject. All other claims, like a knee issue I was on profile for, were all documented and I feel like that information is sufficient.

It's frustrating to me to understand what the VA wants. They are so vague with their requests. I have no idea what they want other than copies of orders. I guess I'll find out when they close or complete my claim if I gave them what they wanted....? So frustrating. I appreciate everyone's help and advice.

• HadIt.com Elder

Many VSO's are burnt out or worthless marking time till they can retire or retired just did not tell anyone. Hiring a VSO is important but the fact is and I think you already know you have to do the work to make your claim have a chance.

Please do not look at earning 0% as you goal look at the VA doing their job and awarding earned benefits. I can't speak directly about MST but it is very serious and there are members here who can help you.

Look at Hadit as the best VSO you could get. If someone gives bad advice someone will tell you.

Good luck on your claim and thank you for your service.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I really appreciate everyone's help. As far as the MST and skin condition go I hope to be compensated fairly. However, for things like sinus allergies I don't care all that much, so 0% wouldn't bother me. As far as the MST goes, I'm disgusted and I feel betrayed by people I trusted, by people who I was willing to die with and for. It's very sad, and for the big things, I hope that everything works out. At this point, my dealings with the VA just feels like a huge slap in the face. I feel very angry at times.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

Anyway, I I have no idea what else I need. Does anyone have any ideas of any other possible document I should provide them?

Thanks,

Amanda

Do you have any Buddy statments?

I agree "At this point, my dealings with the VA just feels like a huge slap in the face. I feel very angry at times."

I find this helps me sometimes...

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Until you finish a claim its normal to be angry with the VA. This can be a good thing as anger gives energy to fight for your earned benefits.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.