VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

$15,000 Reward Bupyeong Rok

Rate this question

Ascomdepot68

Question

Posting this for comments. May help someone or give then ideas. Maybe even the “father” may see it.

This is posted on a well known site on the internet, don't know if can enter that link here, under Seoul as that is the only location listed for that country. Most other countries are also available also if you have interests elsewhere. It is FREE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- $15,000 Reward Offered (Buyeong)

$15,000 Reward (Buyeong Korea)

Offering $15,000 (US) for the following:

Proof of physical presence of Agent Orange herbicide or Agent Blue herbicide on US Army ASCOM Depot APO 96220 at Bupyeong South Korea at any time during the period March 20 1968 to March 20 1969.

"Proof "would be official US government documentation such as supply records,manifests, "twixts", color photographs showing AO barrels, etc of 55 gallon drums of Agent Orange or Agent Blue herbicide physically inside the compound. Photos should have some identifiable landmark specific to area in background. NOT seeking proof of use or spraying at the depot or anyplace else.

Payment is contingent on two things:

#1 Acceptance and authentication of provided proof by the US Department of Veteran Affairs.

#2 Payment of retroactive disability compensation to poster.

Please understand it will not be a quick transaction but you will get the money if I get what I need

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had three responses. One from a lady inquiring if she had to me in the military to get the records (?). One from a guy who writes “ What exactly are you looking for or wanting ? I'm able to enter and exit the U.S army base here I'm Korea.” The most interesting and promising was from a guy (since identified) who wrote:“I have all the documents pertaining to agent orange being stored at bupyeong during 1966 to 1974. My father gathered them for his disability claim.” I wrote back inquiring if his father had been successful on his initial try or if he had to appeal. If appealed, could I get the citation#, etc from the BVA to see if it might meet my requirements. There are no, to my knowledge, successful claims on appeal from ASCOM Depot, maybe someoneone has won their initial claim but no means of checking.

When I hadn't heard from him in about two weeks I write back to which he responds, “ To release person documents of my father's for some money that's not even guaranteed doesn't really interest me. “

That comment tells me the guy was probably just “blowin smoke” but who knows. I do have his name now and he is American. I think his father is deceased from the tone of his message but can you imagine how his father would feel if his son wasn't willing to assist other servicemen (never mind the money)?

I relist the posting about every 30 days. You never know.

I calculate my retro now would be about $42,000 so while offering $15,000 might seem like a lot I think giving an attorney 20% isn't that much diferent and such documents would open the way to claims for about 38,000 servicemen per year who entered the ROK between 1968-1971.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

it supposedly stays in the soil for 300 years. have u considered a soil sample? that might lead to something else, that leads to something else. lots of things are done by locals in times of war, like laundry, cooking, "spraying deadly chemicals" so the koreans around the base might be of knowledge as well.

To 63sierra

Reportedly soil samples were taken in 8/2012 by a Korean activist group that showed traces of dioxin and TCCD "in the environs" around Camp Market, which is the Korean way of saying around the perimeter. ASCOM Depot was turned over to the ROK in 9/1972 and sometime (?) after a lot of apartments were built on what were depot grounds. There are also 2 schools and some parks on the grounds now. By the SOFA agreement made in 1992 the US is "not responsible" for environmental problems prior to date of signing. Apparently the US feeling is since the land and buildings were returned "free of charge" that should compensate anyone for damages.

I'm looking for something from US sources that will be very hard to dismiss.

• HadIt.com Elder