VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Dental Exam

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA called me today and asked me since the VA was late on providing me a dental exam would I be up for a referral to a private dentist for an exam. This is directly related to the 30 day wait for care that has evolved out of the scandal. I said I would be up for it. Maybe I can get the Aholes to pay for my crown that has to go on top of the implant I got via private dentist. The last time I asked for an implant the VA said "NO" not necessary. This was completely untrue according to two other dentists I spoke to about it. I might even see if I can get them to pay for part of the implant, or I will call my congress critter. I frankly don't trust the dentists at the VA to do my implant surgery. A lot can go wrong. Implants that are done right are painful and take months as healing takes place. I needed a bone graft. First comes the extraction and then the implant and then prep for the crown and lastly the crown. $6000 all told. I am going to try and get this dentist full time if he is any good and I can swing it.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA called me today and asked if I knew I had an appointment with CPAP people on August 4th and I said yes I do. Than they asked how I was doing and I said fine. Than they asked if I had any emergencies or issues and I told him I would like to get new maks, hoses and filters for my machine and he said they would send out next week.

I guess something has them scared cause they never have worried much about what I needed.

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

John, I visited the Battle Creek VA Dentist last week. He and the staff were very professional. He asked if I wanted out-patient implants. I declined as at my age I'm not concerned with looking sexy, just need the teeth I have so as I can receive nourishment daily. I did get a crown started on one of my back teeth. Turns out it is going to be Gold. Can you say bling?

Long story short, my visit turned out very well. Terry

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is scared. My VA dental is pretty horrible. A exam once every two years. They even refused to do a crown once. They just stuck a big filing in my tooth after a root canal. If I can't get referral to private dentist I am done with them. The army pulled two of my teeth back in 1971 and tried to do a tooth transplant. It was a disaster. I get nothing for that and then they faked my records so that it did not show I had TMJ and had asked for treatment.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA called me today and asked me since the VA was late on providing me a dental exam would I be up for a referral to a private dentist for an exam. This is directly related to the 30 day wait for care that has evolved out of the scandal. I said I would be up for it. Maybe I can get the Aholes to pay for my crown that has to go on top of the implant I got via private dentist. The last time I asked for an implant the VA said "NO" not necessary. This was completely untrue according to two other dentists I spoke to about it. I might even see if I can get them to pay for part of the implant, or I will call my congress critter. I frankly don't trust the dentists at the VA to do my implant surgery. A lot can go wrong. Implants that are done right are painful and take months as healing takes place. I needed a bone graft. First comes the extraction and then the implant and then prep for the crown and lastly the crown. $6000 all told. I am going to try and get this dentist full time if he is any good and I can swing it.

John

Good Luck, John. You have earned this one...

Bob