Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Year And No Ruling

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

A year ago I filed an initial claim for PTSD through DAV and the VA says DOD can't find my Military Service Record (I requested one and have no response). I'm just disgusted with the whole process. Pathetic.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Sorry to hear your troubles. I saw where someone posted elsewhere to get a fishing pole and USE it. All in all I found it to be good advise where the va is involved. God bless brother.

The VA is like that robot from robocop. "You have 5 seconds to comply." Meanwhile the VA gives you this in code, "when we say within a year we really mean you're super lucky if it is done in 10."

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

11cvolley is right! That's a great analogy.

ED209.GIF

VA's ED-209: "You have 5 seconds to comply"

Depending on when you were in service, there have been well documented instances of where records were destroyed, either intentionally or accidentally. I really hope you have a copy of your own personnel file. If you do, get with the DAV and find out which parts need to be copied and sent in. Some pages have copies on both sides. Only send what helps your claim. Sometimes it is up to you to do their job for them.

Good luck!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.