Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Step

Rate this question

381sps

Question

I cant seem to take that first step for treatment of PTSD. As much as I try I just can't seem to make myself do it. I refused treatment in 2008 when my primary doc said she thought I had PTSD and I refused treatment. I guess part of it is I don't want anymore pills so why is it so hard to make that first step. I was in group therapy for depression thought it sucked big time and the counselor never showed have the time or called off group when I was walking out the door to go to group. Is this part of PTSD

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I am very much like you. I was medically retired last year after 10 years active and served in OIF/OEF. I did not want help at first, but in 2012 spent 3 months in Civilian Mental Hospital. Since I retired last year, I go to VA once a week for Trauma Treatment and I take a lot of meds. Neither helps my PTSD, but it is nice to vent to the Doc is she very nice. I tried the group thing at the VA, even at a Church Men's Group and I did not like being in the group. I used to be very hard headed in asking for help until a Vet told me " Hey I am a Disabled Veteran and I need Help". God Bless and good luck, as this aftermath will be a daily struggle for us, but we have to vent the steam every now and then before we blow.