Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kind Of Nervous

Rate this question

Tela

Question

I was awarded 50% for MDD back in March. I was already at 30% for both knees. But because they never added the bilateral factor, I was awarded 60% instead of 70%. (50%, 20% RK, 10% LK). I was told this would be fixed along with my IU claim I filed on 4-17-14. Well I checked Ebennies and my claimed went from Under Review to Prep for Decision. I went to visit my VSO to confirm the movement and he said it was legit and my claim should be finished within 2 months. This makes me nervous because I filed this as a regular claim and not a FDC. Should I be concerned my claimed skipped a few stages and is moving this fast?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It sounds unusual, but is not impossible. Maybe with all the bad press the VA received, plus the fact that you filed IU within 12 months from your award letter in March, that they decided to try to actually process claims faster.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just had a C&P exam and the VA started me over as a new claim on Ebenefits. I filed the claim as a FDC in June of 2013. I am pretty sure I will win the claim, but why has it taken over a year on a FDC? Why did they send me for a C&P when the entire exam was based on my VA medical records that showed my DMII got worse? Why ask dumb questions.....this is the VA what can we expect?

John

Why ask dumb questions.....this is the VA what can we expect?

There is no "dumb" questions.

The thing that I can suggest is keeping accurate notes of everything done either by you, your vso, and even the va.

I just had a C&P exam and the VA started me over as a new claim on Ebenefits. I filed the claim as a FDC in June of 2013. I am pretty sure I will win the claim, but why has it taken over a year on a FDC? Why did they send me for a C&P when the entire exam was based on my VA medical records that showed my DMII got worse? Why ask dumb questions.....this is the VA what can we expect?

John

Well I'm sorry you felt I asked "dumb questions." I'll ask smarter ones next time. :wink: I didn't have any C&P exams so that's why the fast movement and skipped phases concerned me.

Why ask dumb questions.....this is the VA what can we expect?

There is no "dumb" questions.

The thing that I can suggest is keeping accurate notes of everything done either by you, your vso, and even the va.

Good advice. All of my records are up-to-date and I am sure to keep all of my appointments.