VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Begging For A Ro Whistleblower

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

Begging for a RO Whistleblower

I know you are out there.

We need your help.

The cheating and taking advantage of Veterans at C&P level.

The amount of time it takes to process a claim.

The amount of time it takes to produce a Statement of Case.

The amount of time it takes to get a case to the BVA.

The number of Veterans that are stuck on the hamster wheel.

Deny Deny until they Die.

I ASK THAT ONLY VA RO EMPLOYEES REPLY TO THIS THREAD. PLEASE!!!!

3 answers to this question

We can all be whistleblowers......

There have been many legitimate gripes posted here at hadit as to the ludicrous claims process.

Has anyone here voiced any of their problems and concerns to

Congressman Jeff Miller
Chairman
House Veterans Affairs Committee
335 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515

or to Senator Coburn, ????

"As the top Republican on the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs, Coburn released a scathing report of his own this week detailing incompetence that resulted in veterans dying and the government paying out millions in malpractice lawsuits. And the Oklahoman is one of more than a dozen members of a House-Senate conference committee ironing out differences over a VA reform bill."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/coburn-wasnt-surprised-va-mess-108369.html#ixzz362c5gSDk

The link to the scathing report he had prepared on VA problems, at many levels, to include the claims process, is in the article.

Senator Coburn. Washington D.C.: 172 Russell Senate Office Bldg. Washington, DC 20510. Main: 202-224-5754. Fax: 202-224-6008.
His email form is available at this site.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/?p=ContactForm

It is becoming obvious to many at the Senate and House level that VA has had systemic disregard not only for timely appointments and proper medical care but also completely disregards for the regulations and evidence that claimants have sent to them, only to be ignored at the RO levels, causing claims to become part of a backlog, that in my case totalled 14 years,for 2 of my past claims.
But my claims story was brief and not the main information I sent to the H VAC regarding another matter, far more serious than the claims process to me, for personal reasons, but definitely part of the cultural cause of a backlog that VA itself has created. within their Regional Offices.

Even Acting Secretary Sloan has asked whistleblowers to come forward.

I feel this way....if the VA has screwed up your claim already and you have a legitimate gripe about it..(like their refusal to list and consider probative evidence you have sent to them,never mentioned at all in a denial ,and you have proof of mailing it to them ) .why worry about being put on a RO shit list? You already are on it.

So why not take a stand and write to any of the above about it. And refer to and enclosure a copy of the denial.

I enclosed not a denial but an award letter that is almost 2 decades old.But it was proof of my main point .regarding the Phoenix situation, .basically that no one really knows just how many veterans the VA has harmed to the point of additional disability or killed, due to VA health care.....and I stated, with evidence, why no one knows ,outside of the VA itself ,and where the true malpractice stats can be found. But it might take some subpoenas.

Personally I wish independent doctors could go into every VAMC and investigate the health care every single veteran is getting.....

and if vets are getting farmed out to non VA medical entities, there might be some surprises in what those new non VA medical entities might discover.

Edited by Berta

no doubt they have killed thousands because of denying claims which led to suicides.

Do like I did, CALL jeff Miller, and voice your concerns.

Edited by 63SIERRA

+Personally I wish independent doctors could go into every VAMC and investigate the health care every single veteran is getting.....

and if vets are getting farmed out to non VA medical entities, there might be some surprises in what those new non VA medical entities might discover.=

that may be another reason VA is so adament abt refusing vets outside care, they know that private doctor will tell the veteran what thier real problems are. Then the vet will file for compensation, .VAMC want to keep veterans in the dark, and feed us what they want to feed us, instead of trying to help us, and not worry abt claims and compensation. The doctors that treat you, the CP examiner,s and the RO are all one loop, and they all communicate.