VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hears Loss

Rate this question

waltbarb

Question

9/13/13

for hears loss

Preparation for Decision for 6 week

Pending Decision Approval for 2 week

Pending Decision Approval for 2 day

ebenefits letter same at 40% 3year now

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA uses a 'combined rating' for your overall percentage. As your combined rating goes higher, it becomes more difficult to increase with smaller ratings.

However, because you are now SC for hearing loss, they now provide treatment for it without any co-pays. If the VA treated you for hearing loss since you originally filed the claim on 9/13/13 -and- charged you any co-pays, you can get with the VAMC business office and request reimbursement of those fees. If you are due any refunds, it could take a couple of months.

Question if I'm already a 100 percent and enter a new secondary claim for a new problem will the C and P reviewer re examine my other things and is it possible to put my other percentages at risk by filing when I'm already a 100 percent. In other words can they knock stuff down.

Question if I'm already a 100 percent and enter a new secondary claim for a new problem will the C and P reviewer re examine my other things and is it possible to put my other percentages at risk by filing when I'm already a 100 percent. In other words can they knock stuff down.

Welcome.

You might want to repost this as a new topic related to your issue.

I was denied back in 1998 by the VA for hearing loss/ Tinnitus.

Then I was denied again in 2009.

Well this time July 24th, 2014, I just got my letter and they awarded me Tinnitus 10% and % 0 Percent Right ear hearing Loss. In their statement it said " April 16th, 1998 the previous decision was clearly and unmistakably erroneous, service connection is established for tinnitus"

My question is how do I ask for back pay to either 2009 or 1998?

Since it was a CUE based on an error made in the 1998 decision, I believe you will get retro back to 1998 but I am not an expert. I am sure others on this site will let you know for sure.