VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Alj Hearing...

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

I filed my SSA disability claim March 2004. Now finally tomorrow I have my ALJ hearing. It will be a Video hearing and I hope it goes well. I have a lawyer and I have High Blood Pressure , Arthritis of knees, Allergy Rhinitis, Gastritis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Depression and Sleep Apnea. Does anyone know how these video Hearings are.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Sure:

They start out with "Aha Matey what's the Name yea go by in these Waters"

Just Kidding (National Pirate Day or such).

I know how the ALJ hearing goes.

Name, where you live. You, Bloodsucker, Clerk Steno, Judge, Voc Rehab Person (maby). Ask quesitons about you. Blaw blaw blaw, hows you day, pain, drugs, side affects (know this, provide answers on paper if you can). Voc Rehab may ask if you can do this job. (Ceo of Microsoft or such). Gee if you can work and say it.....

Judge will say I will lookover everything and make decision or even say it in court (Rare). About 60 days, then 60 days for letter (mine took that). Could be lots longer.

In Video One? I would assume your talking teleconference one. It should be the same.

Be Honest (people can tell when you lie and such).

Don't worry, most win at ALJ. I got turned down 2x and won at ALJ. Judge said whey are we here? I will approve (if I qualify). No Voc Rehab person (no show, hey I am Italian and had somone make a offer she could not refuse, just kidding). Major Snowstorm day before (20 March). No show.

Anyway took about 40 min (15 waiting).

Dress presentable. Skip the Suit.

Thank you all very much. I am just nervous after waiting so long. I was an Industrial Electrical mechanic before all this happened. Voc. Rehab even sent me to Community College to get this training so if their rep is there it will be kinda ironic.