VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is My Next Step? Need Help After First Ruling.

Rate this question

c5marine

Question

Hello,

Just received my decision from the VA and only received 10% for tinnitus.

I did a C&P for PTSD/mental disorder and the decision paperwork stated "service connection for mental disorder is denied since this condition neither occurred in nor was caused by service". I did the C&P through a private provider that the VA sent me too who was not overly familiar with the process and seemed to not understand military service well.

What do you suggest I do next? Is there a way to get a copy of the C&P results? I would like to appeal, but should I first seek treatment through the VA to establish that I am being seen (have not sought treatment to date, but should).

Thanks for the help!

Yes Marine you are getting good advice here, I recommend you request a PTSD combat group in Mental Health then later get one on one counseling with a Mental Health provider !. There will be a lot of vet's in these group's that know the way down the trail ! You need to befriend them, Many are all ready rated PTSD 30, 40 70, and 100%. Did you get any combat awards purple heart, Bronz-star, infantry rifles anything ? If you did get any combat citation's it's easy ! There are three basic questions that must be answered correctly to be evaluated as having possible PTSD and get into Mental health. treatment groups..It.s part of the VA evaluation screening process. Be sure you know this before you seat down with a VA provider for intake ? I'm a combat vet with numerous citations and rated 100% P&T. I was in your same shoes, didn't know diddly when I started. The people here are the cream of the crop.

Edited by Fco75th25div