VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Ao Vet

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I mentioned here about a month ago- this is a good friend of mine-

He was so upset-the day before his wife and he went on a long awaited brief vacation he got a letter from VA for re-evaluation of his disability-they didnt say which one-

He is 58 yrs old Army infantry Vietnam, 50% PTSD, 40% GSW, 10% another GSW, and AO cancer NHL, with colostomy (SMC)rated 100% under Section 1151 wth SMC.

He was a wreck.

His wife wrote a letter to the VARO telling them how much they upset him as he deals with enough already and what could they possibly want him to be re-evaluated for?

In all the time I knew her this is first time she did something like this.

I made the point she should ask VA just what disability he has could possibly improve anyhow?

He just got a letter from VA -100% P & T etc with NO future evaluations.He seemed happy with it -but isn't sure he should be happy.

I understand how he feels- he asked me if this is true or can they go against this statement in the future anyhow?

At least for now he can stop worrying it.When you get a 100% P & T letter does it ever say NO future evaluations?

Do they really mean that? Thanks, Berta

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

What more do they want from this guy? The has been shot , poisoned with AO and had his emotional life wrecked by PTSD. What other pound of flesh do they want from him?

Yeah John- and the Section 1151 Award I got him in 4 months -100% because they almost killed him.

I still think his SC rating is wrong and should be higher-because he never got direct AO SC.

I wrote a claim for the AO NHL (Non Hodgkins Lymphoma) 2 years ago for him but he hasn't filed it yet.

He doesn't get the point of the claim but maybe his vet rep will.He is showing it to his vet rep next week.

They granted due to their misdiagnosis but still overlooked the Agent Orange NHL rating although they made it appear that they did in the decision-but they didnt.