Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Final Decision

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

Just an update my claim has closed as of today with a rating of 100% but I am still temp disabled with a new exam date of 15 August 2019 hopefully then they will see I need to be T&P at that time. I understand they want to see if I get better or not within that time. If they then try to low ball me appeal will then have to happen.

Overall I'm happy and excited. Oh another question I put in for UI can I still be granted if I'm only temp disability?

Congrats to you as well Mikemlj it's five years so just keep going to your doc and in five years I'm sure your case will not have changed as mine we will get out P&T just have to wait it out. It's not a biggie for me

So happy for you!

Now you can stop worrying about finances & spend more time focusing on your health!

Good thing you didn't listen to that VSO, who told you he thought u would stay at 80%!

Your retro will go back to the date you filed the claim. Ebenefits letter generator always says Jan 2014, but that is not your effective date. That is the date of the last cost of living increase. Your letter that comes in the mail should have your real effective date. VA screws this up often, so make sure you let them know if it is not correct. When did you file?