VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aggie54 - Questions

Rate this question

aggie54

Question

I need HELP. The VA saids that I had a stroke following a steroid injection to my spine which also caused diabetes type 2, and blindness to my left eye causing a hole in the middle of the retina which causes me a great deal of lost vision.

They told me that there is nothing they can do for me and that I would live like this from now on.

My right eye is also weak since the left eye was injured so I have to wear glasses just to get around the house and also drive.

Does anyone out there know where I might go to see if I can get my eyes fixed?

I used to be seen by the VA every six months, but when I was rated 100% they dropped the Ball and don't even call me anymore.

I also have diabetes type 2 which changed my life completely, but under control with oral medications.

I am currently seeing a doctor at Pacific eye institute every six months, but he never gives me any or options on what or whom to see.

Seems to me that all he wants is the insurance money.

I would really appreciate any feedback.

thanks.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have no expertise in eye disorders but have a question....

Did VA give you the steroid injection?

No Berta. The Military sent me to an outside Neurosurgeon for the shot in order to stabilize my back while I went through a second knee surgery.

Shorty after the injection, I started to have vision problems, got diabetes, and lost 30 plus pounds in three weeks. I was never able to recuperate,

so the Military decided that it would best if I retired. I was found service connected, and currently being pay SMC by the VA.

Edited by aggie54

It is due to the FERES Doctrine that the Military cannot be sued for malpractice.

Personally I think that Feres doctrine is the shits.

You have that right Berta. The doctor actually retired shortly after. I could see it in him that he was very worried about what he did to me.

I also believe the Army never sent him another patient.