Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of The Case

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

is there a time limit in which the va is required to send a vet a SOC once NOD Has been filed and acknowledged.

Sierra, it's not a stretch for me personally to understand why you 're so upset. We've been at this for 21 years. I've learned that losing my cool only impedes my ability to think clearly and rationally as to how best to blow away a ridiculous SOC, and then an SSOC that only regurgitates the original SOC, especially after I waited almost two years to get the SSOC. Still, my opinion is that your approach holds too much potential to harm your claim. Unfortunately, it's their sand in their sandbox, they own the process, at least till you get an SOC. I'm sure your venting lets off some steam, but it does little to advance your interests in a productive way.

So, what can you do otherwise?

Complain to your Congressional reps through their local reps, in person, and have your case on paper to leave with them. We've done that and it helped when the Board mistakenly thought my husband rescinded an appeal when he did not ("clerical error, so sorry"). Copy your local media. Also copy the Board. They won't do anything, but you will be on record. Others will chime in here, but can Sierra file a Writ of Mandamus petition with the COVA this stage? He'll lose, but at least he kicked up some dust and he can apply for a waiver of the $50 fee. Even if the writ can't be done at this stage, the other actions have greater potential to help you than insulting the RO, since they obviously believe they are not accountable to you or anyone else. Prove them wrong - although they don't have to explain anything to you, they may end up having to explain things to someone else who can cause them grief if they take the same approach they've taken with you.

The thing is they do it to most everyone. They treat Vets with the highest disdain. This is all by design. The cases that resolve within a year are as rare as hen's teeth. At first I used to be very upset until I realized it wasn't personal. The employees aren't evil. But how many people will do anything their boss asks of them for 80-100k? They got a good laugh from you at your expense. They probably talked about it at lunch and gave some high fives. Evidence, time, confidence and endurance to keep rolling will beat them in the end. They know that most Vets will get angry and eventually burn out or die; but very few will finish the race and appeal. When it's my turn in the process, I just toss in some paper and go on with life. I can't see wasting energy on a bunch of vA clowns when I can enjoy my retirement however short that may be.

The thing is they do it to most everyone. They treat Vets with the highest disdain. This is all by design. The cases that resolve within a year are as rare as hen's teeth. At first I used to be very upset until I realized it wasn't personal. The employees aren't evil. But how many people will do anything their boss asks of them for 80-100k? They got a good laugh from you at your expense. They probably talked about it at lunch and gave some high fives. Evidence, time, confidence and endurance to keep rolling will beat them in the end. They know that most Vets will get angry and eventually burn out or die; but very few will finish the race and appeal. When it's my turn in the process, I just toss in some paper and go on with life. I can't see wasting energy on a bunch of vA clowns when I can enjoy my retirement however short that may be.

some good advice brother. thanks

I feel your pain Sierra, but understand this is the process that they use to weed out potential problems. Most likely they well realize that you have a valid claim otherwise they wouldn't throw all these roadblocks up. Don't loose you're focus. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. The center mass shot will present itself soon enough and with patience you'll get to see the red puff cloud when they make their big mistake and poof the head shot presents itself. Hang in there. You're moment will come.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: