VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Rating For Leg Pain Secondary To Back?

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

I am fighting to get my sciatica rated and they keep calling it hip strain. I have heard of Vets getting rated for leg pain and trying to see if anyone else has been down this road too.

Thanks guys!

I was fortunate that I was rated for bi lateral Radiculopathy from my two c&P's if there is a positive outcome from the examinations and the conditions. My first rated my left and my second, a request for increase, service connected my right. However the left was low balled as my private treatment records indicate moderate nerve damage. Oh one note, this was connected without the VA conducting an EMG on my legs

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Same here. Was SC for cervical and lumbar degeneration. Won SC for peripheral nerves in all extremities. The EMG's were no fun at all, but taking them prone vs standing produces less rfindings.

I just dont understand why I never get a C&P exam for these claim that I reopen. They just dismiss it even if they can see they are being treated by the VA at the VAMC. What is their job when you file for a claim. Do they have any responsibility to look at your medical records to see if there is a reason for a claim? I guess they expect us to have a lawyer to spell it out for them since they know we are not good at representing ourselves.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes the raters probably have to have what they deem as a minimum level of evidence to warrant a C&P. I know it sounds stupid, and it is. I have had plenty of denials without even getting a C&P. I actually had one of my claims go all the way up to the BVA where I testified. The board was surprised I was not given an exam at all. They referred it out and I got the exam, then got SC.

I actually had one claim get approved without a separate C&P exam. In that case, there was sufficient medical evidence in my records to justify it. I actually had a really damn good doc who documented the visit to the n'th degree. If you have a DBQ that is filled out thoroughly, there is a chance that they could potentially use that in place of a C&P. This is just an assumption of mine. I have not had any C&P's since the DBQ's came out, so that is why I am stating that this is an assumption.

I will see if my Dr can fill one out for each condition and upload it and see what happens. Is it against the rules to use a VA CBOC Community based out patient clinic I believe that is what they are called? Same Dr that treats me now.

I will see if my Dr can fill one out for each condition and upload it and see what happens. Is it against the rules to use a VA CBOC Community based out patient clinic I believe that is what they are called? Same Dr that treats me now.

Is it against the rules to use a VA CBOC Community based out patient clinic I believe that is what they are called? Same Dr that treats me now.

No if your doctor will fill it out for you most VA doctor won't. You could ask your doctor to run some xray ,mri, or an EMG on lower extremities

I just ask for an increase for radiculopathy on legs and at the c&p exam last month the only thing they did was straight leg raise but I have not

got the decision. Get some evidence even if you have to go to a private doctor. You need somebody to state its radiculopathy and not a hip

strain. Get some test done like emg. jmho