VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dmii And A C&p

Rate this question

j92mike

Question

Can anyone tell me if it's normal to not be sent to one? I naturally assumed they would want to see the level I was at with DMII.

I wasn't diagnosed with Diabetes in the service, however while I was pregnant during service I did have high blood sugar, 8 months after my discharge I was diagnosed with gestational

diabetes for my second pregnancy.

As far as I know the only records they have are from the VA Medical Center I was treated at, I wasn't sent for a C&P and my claim is at Preparation for Decision all in a months time.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I can't speak much about female medical issues because I am a guy. However, I have known people who get pregnant and their blood sugar just goes haywire. Sometimes it gets better over time, but in some cases it just never goes back to normal. It is possible that they have enough evidence to make a decision from those records. If you and/or your doctor submitted a fully filled out DBQ, they may take what they need from there.

Keep in mind that the status on ebenefits can jump around a lot. It is intended to help keep us informed, but it is not always perfectly accurate.

Good luck on your claim!

Like vync not a professional or dr, but wouldn't gestational diabetes be acute or resolve? Jmho

http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology_and_obstetrics/pregnancy_complicated_by_disease/diabetes_mellitus_in_pregnancy_gestational_diabetes.html

Edited by JT24usn