VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Copies Of All Records

Rate this question

tdak

Question

Hi,

I was wondering if I can get copies of all my records that pertain to my claim? I was looking to get a copy of the records my personal Dr. sent them. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Tamara

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You can ask your VARO to send you a complete copy of your c file.

This is always a good move as there is often much there that the veteran is not aware of----then again there might be something missing that should be there.

Also it pays to get a complete copy of your VA med reords. Send the Privacy Officer at the VAMC which treats you for a copy of these, and also you can get additional records as they occur by telling VA you have up to page____ and want copies of any additional records since your last record request.

C & P results can be requested usually from the VAMC that treats you.

Whatever your doctor sent them should be in your c file. I think it is a real good idea to make sure.

Edited by Berta

Berta,

I forgot and who is VAMC for the c & P. I went to montrose for my exam, which was, I can't describe it, not what I was expecting though.

Tamara

Berta,

I forgot and who is VAMC for the c & P. I went to montrose for my exam, which was, I can't describe it, not what I was expecting though.

Tamara

Tamara,

If you haven't already requested your C-file, and VA health records I would go ahead and do so since it takes some time for the VA to get them to you.

I was told that it would take 12-14 months to get mine when I requested them in person from my RO (Regional Office) by going in person I had a date stamp placed on my copy proving that I had requested them.

I also requested my service medical records (SMR's) and after 6 months received 3 pages, so I would also request a "complete copy" of all service medical records, C-file, etc. so they don't send you some useless copies from your records like they did me.

You can put "personal" for the reason that you want a copy if you choose.

Having your records is a must so you know what you are combating.

Boondoc

VAMC -the VA Medical Center where you got the C & P exam-

by now it is probably in your c file- hard to say

VARO- VA Regional office that has jurisdiction over your claim.

sorry for the abbrves- I think we have an abbreviation dictionary here at hadit-

when we say c file- we mean the claims file-the Regional Office establishes a claims file when a veteran files a claim.