Mostly Success, Waiting On Letter - 90%

Rate this topic

Julie1975

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all!

I received partial retro today as well as my BBE. I do have some questions about my C&P vs. Rating, so will post them in the appropriate forum. I am definitely appealing a few things.

They did add in that they received my IU claim and it was denied :(. I just don't understand as my day-to-day living isn't anywhere near normal and I missed a ton of work the last four years of my career as indicated on my VA Form 4192; I believe it was 81 days missed in the last 12-months (even more the years prior). I retired because of my health issues and included a doctor's letter, my husbands letter, and my letter reflecting my daily struggles. My primary care physician stated I missed a lot of work and am not able to be gainfully employed due to my SC conditions. They added that my vocational rehab application was indicative of me being employable. Funny thing is, when I applied for the VR, I indicated I would like them to assist me in obtaining counseling, help with appointments, and help with daily living activities. I did not indicate I wanted assistance with obtaining employment as that wasn't my intent. The day I was supposed to have my VR briefing, I had a horrible migraine and couldn't get out of bed so no-showed for the briefing (the VA rated me 0 for my migraines/headaches).

On a positive note, I was surprised to see that they indicated the following: "We have reviewed your records and they suggest you may be entitled to an additional benefit. Please tell us on the enclosed form that you want to file a claim for right patellofemoral syndrome and chrondromalacia; right breast scar; hallux valgus, plantar fasciitis with bilateral heel spur; and distal toes degenerative joint disease (fusion) both 4th and 5th toes IIPJ, with scars".

Not sure what most of that is other than I've had some minor feet issues here and there.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a great Monday!

One more thing I wanted to add...they left off one of my kids in my award; my daughter who is a full-time student. So I just now applied in eBenefits using the "add dependents" app and once I submitted everything, I noticed I had a new claim listed. I refreshed and the claim went to complete. She is already reflected on my AB8 letter. I'm just stoked it took less than a minute to add my daughter. It took my husband two-years to add our son. Good to see the VA making improvements.

Glad to see some positive news regarding Ebenefits.

Congratulations and good luck.

Congrats. It's always a pick me up to read about a success.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use