VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Applied For Ssdi, Cant Get It Just Now, Tdiu App Next?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

WOrked rather hard to apply for SSDI, figure its time for TDIU now. Any advice? thanks, cg

Do you have copies of your SMR's yet? I would apply if you have a diagnosis in service and continue to have a current disability. Use any private treatment records along with the SMR's.

You can use the CFR 38, and M2-1 to look up your disabilities to see what the C&P exam will ask, and what schedule you should be given according to your symptoms, etc. and then put together a solid claim from the start.

Boondoc

Cowgirl,

Watch out for SS as if U work to build up quarters then put in for SSDI. They'll say "Y U can work, why do U need this?"

SS's trick is to try to starve U out where U try to get any job U can to survive. Hence, U can work so U are not eligible.

Be careful with them as they are almost as tricky as the VA (In my opinion)

GARY

• HadIt.com Elder
Cowgirl,

Watch out for SS as if U work to build up quarters then put in for SSDI. They'll say "Y U can work, why do U need this?"

SS's trick is to try to starve U out where U try to get any job U can to survive. Hence, U can work so U are not eligible.

Be careful with them as they are almost as tricky as the VA (In my opinion)

GARY

Thanks Gary, will take your advice into consideration! I dont plan to let things just sit, am proactive here, have family, children in school to tend to, need support because current mobility is limited and even less so tommorow and the next day...cg