VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

% Of Appeals And Remands Won At Varo Levels

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Does anyone know of any statistics showing the % of claims won and overturned that have been remanded back to the VARO, or 5 of appeals won by claimants at BVA level. Just wondering while waiting for my decisions.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Kenny,

If you type this into your computer, it will bring up all the cases at the BVA and you can read as many cases as you like and be sure to type in your disability and 2006.

I have been to the BVa and was remanded to The Appeals Management Center

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Knight Ridder did an investigative report some time ago as to remand rates-:

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington...ge/13415145.htm

Numerous Remands have been caused by Regional Office failures to send the veteran proper VCAA Notice.

If you go to the BVA web site and search you will see what I mean.

I did some investigation of my own POAs remands because I never received VCAA notice.

In a few months of 2006 most of their remands were due to VCAA violation.

It seems to me and I complained to my POA -that this can beavoided right away by the vet rep questioning the lack of proper notice.

As I understand it, the vet rep gets a copy of the actual VCAA noice sent to the claimant. If it is not legal, they should pounce on this error.

It is against VA case law and regulations to deny a valid claim BEFORE VCAA notice is received by the claimant.

I got a Remand in 51 days due to this error in my claim -I received no support from my POA yet the fast remand shocked them.I had to explain to them the VCAA.

My VAROs remand rate is 41 %.