Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doc Statement In C&p

Rate this question

chuck57thSig

Question

On the notes by the doctor from my PTSD C&P the doc wrote that my symptoms worsened when my son left for the Air Force.

That is not what I said. I told her that since (because) my son had left for the AF, and I only have 1 more kid at home, I can come back to the VA and start getting this stuff (my medical and mental issue) worked on/taken care of.

That statement of my symptoms getting worse is not correct and, I think, will mess with plans to back date to prior claim.

I believe I read on here that something can be done to correct that but I can't find it.

Any suggestions and help, as always, is truly appreciated.

This forum and the people who help and contribute, even if just saying welcome and/or good luck, are awesome!

4 answers to this question

Someone here recently had success with a faulty C & P by going to their VAMC's patient advocate.

This may not have much, if any, affect on your rating if everything else in the C and P is okay. Focus on what is most important and relevant. Do you think this will harm your rating? In what way?

Remember, you need 3 things for SC compensation:

1. A current diagnosis

2. An in service event or aggravation.

3. A nexus between the two.

Of course the symptoms go into the disability percentages and you should be sure all your relevant symptoms are reported and in your C and P exam.

"Worsening symptoms" may be grounds for an increase. Once you are service connected, you dont have to "re service connect" over and over.

Edited by broncovet

Thanks to each of you for replying. The reason I'm concerned is that I put in a claim in '94 when I was experiencing the same issues that I currently have, with the same severity. I was told then that they couldn't find anything and I got several things denied, a couple of things SC, but all at 0%.

PTSD (...depression and anxiety) is the first thing that I've claimed since I came back to the VA, only because that is the only thing I've received an actual diagnosis for. The gastro issues are still being tested, as is the chronic pain. I believe I will be done with Chronic pain, getting a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia or polymyositis, in the next few weeks, I will claim that then.

Eventually, since what I claimed back then and was denied are all presumptives for Gulf War now, I will attempt to get them back date to '94.

So, her stating "the symptoms worsened" which they did not, puts a hole in the plan. Does any of this make sense?

Again, any input is appreciated...