VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ronjacks - Newbie - Dependent Help

Rate this question

RonJacks

Question

my retirement date 2011/7/31 I was given a 70% disability I got my disabilty rating in Feb of 2012 we filed all the paperwork for my 4 dependants and as I called and called and called I got told there was a back log but they have the paper work it just needs to be ompleted on the VA side so again I wait I call and call and get told that they are concerned beause I had a daughter that graduated highschool in June of 2012 and another son that was due to graduate June of 2014 and their concern was adding paying for my daughter then adding my son and he graduate shortly after they add him so I asked if I could just drop those two and get dependant pay for my wife my 14 yr old and my 5 yr old they said they were not sure end of conversation so I called and called I finially got someone who told me to go online on Ebenifits and complete the dependant information (could have used that info 3 yrs ago) anyway so we filled it out but I could not add my older 2 so basicily the VA is refusing to pay for minor children because it was a 9 month period and a 3 year period. I started to get depandant pay for my wife and 2 younger children in sept of this year 38 months later but have not recieved back pay for any dependant's I do not know where to go from here 38 months we have been waiting. 38 months. and they refuse my older 2 children and refuse back pay for them... what do I do?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Email the new Secretary at Robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov

In the subject, type dependency backpay and your VARO name.

In the email, give your name, claim number & brief summary of your problem.