VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Letter One is good because it goes to the nexus. Letters two and three are not of much value since there is no firm nexus statement to militar service. The docs have to say after reviewing your SMR's that in their opinion your chronic anxiety disorder started in the military and continues to this day. If it does not help it might be twisted around to hurt you. The letter saying you do not have a personality disorder is OK but it does little to establish service connected.

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine

If letter one is from a psychiatrist it sounds very good to me. The other letters sound good to me for the purpose you intend except, of course, that the doc who says you don't have a PD is not a shrink. However, letter one, if from a shrink, is all you need. Letter one doctor is saying he has reviewed your SMR's and based on that and your current medical condition he states that he believes your condition is service connected and chronic, as I see it. Even if you do have a personality disorder you can still have anxiety and depression superimposed on the PD.