• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy And Bilateral And Dmii

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Hi Ya'll,

I was hopeing that someone could explain how the rating works. For example ...if a vet had 20% DMII, and 40% PN bi-lateral in the feet and 10% PN bi-lateral in the hands, 30% CAD. How would the VA rate the disability?

Does the PN ( a secondary) get rated first because it is higher percentage or does the DMII get rated first because it is the primary SC.

Also how does the bi-lateral work? Is it 10% added to feet and 10% to hands or is it Hands and feet percentages added together and then an addtional 10% overall for the bi-lateral factor. This system is so confusing. Any help is really appreciated.

Jangrin and Chuckles :rolleyes: :D

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

John, My DMII started at 20% as I was controlling it with Advandia. The 40% came along because my private Doctor doubled the medicine to try to get it under control. I would imagine there is a 10% rating for diet controlled only. Congrats if it is not getting worse, the ultimate goal.

Jangrin, The C&P's I had for PN consisted of a lot of Range of Motion. Like Don says "It sucks to have PN". Balance, pain and the way I now walk.

Wally has not been around too much lately. Check some of his older post from the search and or search bilaterial and that info should help. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

The balance thing is a problem for me. Not too long ago I lost my balance and fell down and busted my head open. My shins and ankles are often sore and tender as well. I have lost the hair on my lower legs. Amputation is the thing to worry about for us. PAD goes along with DMII also.

Guest jangrin

Hi Ya'll,

We (My husband and I ) went to a furniture store today. We were looking around, but to make a long story short they had a massage chair in the store that massages the upper back and neck but also the legs and feet. \

Now I have been in a lot of those so called massage chairs and have not been too impressed. This one had a massage for the legs and feet. It also massaged the legs from the bottom upwards. This pushes the BLODD UPWARD TOWARD THE HEART AND AWAY FROM THE ANKLES. My husband got out of the chair and he said it was the first time he could feel his feet in a long time.

We ordered the chair and it is about $1200.00. It is less expensive than a used massage mechanical table and my husband was feeling really good about his legs afterward. I don't have the brand name but I will try to find out for you and repost with the info. He spend about 30 minutes in this chair in the store and the sales people were very considerate.

It might be something that can help those who are struggling with the PN especially the feet. Also, anyone who might have heart circulation problems because this pushes the blood up and out to aid in circulation.

Jangrin :rolleyes:

Edited by jangrin