VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Is The Best Place On The Forum To Post C&p Results For Opinnions?

Rate this question

Burt

Question

I posted mine and other than one very helpful person who was a wiz at the hearing test stuff i didnt get any replies, so im assuming i put it in the wrong section lol

got the award not sure what i got for what but i was rated 50% first time through

Burt,

To be honest I don't look at many of those because:

1. it is impossible for us to know how they will really affect your claim

2. I don't want to misinform based on my amateur assumptions nor give false hope

3. It's kid of a lot to read to come up with 1 & 2 above.

Others may feel differently but I'm giving you possible reasons you may not get a lot of response on C&P evals.

Good luck! :smile:

Burt...

We dont know your medical history. However, C and P exams, from VA standpoint are the same:

1. Your examiner needs to opine something close to "the Veterans hearing loss is at least as likely as not due to (xxxyyy) while in military service."

Without this nexus you wont get service connection.

2. As far as the degree of hearing loss, the VA has a complex formula of rating criteria for your degree of percentage loss. While I wont be reposting this here, it takes into account your "average" hearing loss, as well as your speech recognition. Its crazy for VA to "average" your hearing loss..not only over both ears but averaging it for different frequencies. The Veteran does not hear what the "average" person hears, he hears what he hears.

In summary, you have to have a nexus, AND even then, most people dont get over 10% service connection for hearing loss. (Most are zero percent. I started out at zero percent and have been increased to 10% for hearing loss, EVEN tho I can not watch a TV show without close captioning.)

ok :) well thanks for the help and i do understand what your saying i just dont understand what the DOCTORS are saying!! lol!! Ill just wait and see what the outcome is. i know i cant hardly walk, i know i cant get in and out of the bathtub without help, i know i cant hear shit over the high pitched ringing/squeeling in my ears and i know i cant carry a 12 pack of soda from the car to the house without ending up laying on various ice packs for the next 2 hours lol