VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timely Mri Appointments

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This is mostly venting, but I bet I am not the only person who went through this:

Background:

About six months ago I asked the VAMC PCP for an MRI referral. I needed to schedule some cervical and lumbar pain blocks and the docs needed to know which vertebral levels to inject. After a nightmare dealing with a moron PCP the VAMC, I got the first MRI three months later, but only for lumbar. I switched PCP docs.

Now:

After seeing my new PCP, I was told they would schedule me for the other MRI. After three months, I never was called or received an appointment letter in the mail. I called the PCP nurse and was told I needed to come back and see the doc before having the appointments made. What? I called the Patient Rep. A few days later, I get a call stating they could get me scheduled toward the end of December. I told them I was waiting since June. Last week, the lady calls me back an hour later stating they could get me in if I showed up (today) at 6:45 am for a 7:00 am appt because they will have a tech arrive early. Not true. I waited 45 minutes before being called back. The tech said he doesn't know why they do that to us vets because they know he does not show up for work until 7:30 am.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

vync

I know exactly what you mean..I'm hoping with this new VA Sec Bob McDonald he will get these things straighten out ASAP

Its totally ridiculous to wait 3 months for an MRI & Then wait for the injections......just plum ridiculous!

I read in the AMJ (American Medical Journal) that highy tolerance of pain will cause other medical problems!

I hope you get seen for your MRI soon the sooner the better....and with my VAMC They don't seem all that busy with MRI''s I think maybe they do like 5 or 6 a day with two three four machines.

This sure needs to be change and speed the appointment times.

I may start calling every day if I'm not seen by appointment time I figure that's about the only way to speed it up maybe not but I'll give it a shot! if ya don't call they just forget all about ya no letters or anything.

Edited by britton

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Agree!

If the VA gives me a choice card, I hope to avoid problems like this in the future.