VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Messed Up?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

I would like to know if ebenefits is having issues with anyone. First my husband had his C&P exam on the 24th of November and in the morning on the 25th of November ebennies said he was at the preparing for notification stage and that evening, it was back at gathering evidence with a decision notification sent. Has anyone had issues with ebenefits? Thank you.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

vistagirl,

We all constantly have issues with ebenefits. It is not unusual for the status to change from preparation for notification back to gathering of evidence. You will probably see another change in status in a few days. On my last claim, my status went from preparation for decision back to gathering of evidence and then a couple days later it went to preparation for notification. Absolutely drove me nuts until I received the BBE a couple weeks later.

One thing you can do is to keep checking the downloadable VA letters on ebenefits. Sometimes the AB8 letter in the downloadable VA letters will show a change in rating status before it is shown anywhere else. I was able to find my change in rating status on my AB8 letter a few days before I received my BBE. Also, keep checking your direct deposit account for retro pay. My retro showed up in my account before I received my BBE.

Good luck and please express my thanks to your husband for his service.

Thank you both for your responses. I called the 1800 number and according to them he does not have an open claim at this time. She said that they may have accidentally put it up when they wanted to assess his compensation. She also mentioned that his appeal with a DRO is still in the beginning stage after over 2 years.. I think that i gave myself false hope thinking that his C&P exam was them actually looking into is appeal and not seeing if he was better ( they could have read his medical records for that).

Thank you both for your service and enjoy your holiday.