Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Confused ! Any Help!

Rate this question

scoota

Question

Hi, I am new here and really need help. I have a 50% rating for PTSD. I was working. Vets took me out of work and put me in PTSD program three times now.They say I am too bad to return to work. Told me to file for unemployability and increase to 70%. So I loose my job with full benifits and my wife will have no medical insurance? I got a 8940 form in the mail. I am having alot of trouble with this PTSD.I am worried about loosing my medical for my wife. Also the income is far below what I make. How can they do this to me and how can I survive? I am very confused about all this and how to fill out these forms. Any ideas? Scoota

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Scoota- TDIU is the same amount as the 100% rate but only if the VA says your disability is permanent and total- does the wife get CHAMPVA.

A finding pf permanent and total service connection is required for dependents to get medical care under CHAMPVA.

Maybe the VA will find you P & T right off the bat but usually they don't- do you have a good service vet rep to help you with this claim?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.