Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

3 Va Employees Canned Due To Vet's Death

Berta

NORMAN, Oklahoma -

Three people have been fired from the Norman Veterans Center for abuse and neglect after authorities launched an investigation into the death of a Korean War Vet.

One other employee may also lose their job after an upcoming pre-termination hearing.

full story at

http://www.news9.com/story/27698614/3-employees-fired-from-norman-vet-center-after-death-investigation

This is unconscionable......

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a center for abuse and neglect and this vet was further abused and definitely neglected by the very people charged with his care. Where is the common sense? VA and civilian facilities which permit these types of neglect and abuse to veterans or our elderly should be shut down and the employees involved should be prosecuted.

A similar situation occurred here in Georgia a couple of years ago at a civilian nursing home when an elderly resident was having an apparent heart attack. Employees at the nursing home were prohibited from administering emergency treatment including CPR on residents even when the resident did not have a DNR order. Emergency treatment could only be provided by outside medical providers. However, treatment for the elderly resident was delayed because the nursing home also had a policy where residents could not be taken for outside care (including emergency care) without first getting approval from the nursing home doctor or the resident's family member designated to make healthcare decisions on the resident's behalf. The nursing home could not reach the doctor or family member. After waiting over an hour since the onset of the heart attack, the nursing home finally reached the doctor who gave approval to call an ambulance. Unfortunately, the resident died before emergency personnel arrived.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's so sad :(

I hope I never have to go to a nursing home...I seen how they live and cared for and its crying shame!

not sure how the veterans nursing home is or how there treated & cared for? but I can only imagine its not the best of care either.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I believe it, I currently go to the Bonham Tx VA, and I run into Vets all the time that drive a few hours from OK due to the fact that they are unsatisfied with the VAs there.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars