VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed Ptsd Claim But Isn't In Ebennies

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

Just a quick question. I filed my PTSD claim (FDC) through DAV and it was date stamped by the VARO as being received on the 12th of November 2014. It still isn't being reflected on eBenefits so can't track the progress (if any). Who should I contact? Thanks in advance!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have learned not to trust E-benefits to be current... at all. Some folks have had better luck than me. Four months after my claim was completed it still showed as being in gathering evidence.

Did you receive a letter in the mail stating they have received your claim and due to the large number of claims and workload, blah, blah letter?

You can always call the 1-800-827-1000 number and check the status. Call early, like 8 am their time. They should at least tell you if it has been received. You can also check with your DAV rep.

Yes it is unfortunate. The issue is that since they hired this scanning site company called VBMS to implement paperless claims, they didn't give much thought about the time it takes to upload into the system to reflect documentation submitted by a veteran. The scanning site has a number of veterans claims that is being scanned in. Many have lots of volumes per veteran which causes delays. So squeeze in a claim in the midst of all the scanning and you cause problems. I see it everyday at work at VA benefits and it upsets me when I open up a file in the VBMS system and see this yellow banner stating documents are being uploaded and then you have to wait for them to appear in the electronic documents according to the date stamp from scanning site. Just another way to delay. The suggestion would be that each Veterans Service Representative have a scanner at their desk so they can scan in documents as they come rather than waiting on this so called VBMS aka Veterans Benefits Management System which the VA paid $492 million of our tax dollars on and this site still has very bad lag times when going through documents in each veterans file. Sorry about all the information but you know what I am not sorry because we all need to hear the truth......Good Luck!!