• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va C&p Examination

Rate this question

add55p

Question

Georgiapapa

Thank you, it did help..

Buck52

I will ask my private physician who is also a speciailist of the condition that he has been treating me for through the years.

Thank you for the advice..

Add

• HadIt.com Elder

All

Is VA required to list a completed VA C&P examination as evidence in a rating decision?

Thanks

Add

In general, yes. A specific exam may not be for whatever reasons. If a favorable exam was not listed, and an unfavorable one was, it's usually NOD time. The same is true if an IMO was not mentioned.

Some other reasons for not listing an exam might be that it was incomplete, or the examiner screwed up entering it into the "system". There is also a possibility that the RO just missed

the exam results, although that's less likely these days.

A Nehmer Review Board's favorable decision concering my particular case was (I think) a very good example of what should be done. Every piece of relevant "evidence" was listed, to the best of my knowledge.

Chuck75

Per your below comment

"Some other reasons for not listing an exam might be that it was incomplete, or the examiner screwed up entering it into the "system".

Would VA be required to schedule another exam if the first one was incomplete or the examiner screwed up entering it into the system?

Per my VSO, the examination was in fact in my claims file and was not sure why the Regional Office did not acknowledge it.

My VSO take on everything is that "once the Regional Office denies you, very seldom do they reverse the decision at their level. The VSO stated that it was best to wait for the BVA process-

Thank you..

Add

I know exactly how it is with C&P examiners. I had one that falsified a government statements in my book. She denied there being any sleep disturbance or reports of snoring in my SRTs. They are clearly falsified or the examiner doesn't know her job. Either way she should be shitcanned. She tried to make it sound like my sleep apnea was due to weight gain but evidence of me weighing 1pd lighter than her complaint of my weight gain from 208-242 pds. BVA remanded my appeal with specific instructions to address these issues.