VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Start A Business And Get A Degree Using Vocrehab?

Rate this question

SMCCALL81

Question

Hi Everyone!! New to this site, and I already LOVE it. I have a question that hopefully someone can help with. I am 100% P&T. Recently met with a Voc Rehab counselor, and went to the initial meeting and took the assessment test. Met with her again today and we went over everything that I scored high in, to see what job would be a good fit for me. I was an RN before, and I scored pretty high in the medical/clerical areas. Because of my disabilities, I cannot perform duties of a Nurse, so she suggested going back to school and getting a masters in business or human resources, or health administration. That sounds pretty great to me. She also stated that with working part time, my benefits would not be interrupted. My social security benefits maybe, but not my VA 100%. My questions consist of; 1) Does the info about me not losing my benefits sound accurate? 2) I have been thinking of starting a small business in the meantime, will Voc Rehab help with that in conjunction with me going to school? I really appreciate any input to this matter. It's important for us to look out for one another in protecting everything we've earned!

Sandra

• HadIt.com Elder

I did Voc Rehab and went back to school. After 2 semesters and a 3.75 GPA my Voc Rehab told me I would have to sign off that I knew I could lose 100% P&T rating. I quit Voc Rehab and school the same day.