Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal With Dro Over 6 Months

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

Keep it on the record rather than off the record. Have him address all pending claims, not just the initial one. Take your time and do it right. I'd rather wait 60-90 days for a detailed decision that I can appeal from than a partial "rump decision" in a week that will entail another decade to sort out. VA will stretch it out to gain time anyway so do it right.

Just this fact should tell you something..

If you have a lawyer or benefits agent, only a few people at the RO can access your file/ They call it sensitive 7

If you are repping yourself or have a VSO, they dont really care, because they figure you dont know what the heck is going on, and they have the VSOs on a short leash.

They know that if you have hired an attorney or benefits agent, you have gotten a little wiser/

Edited by 63SIERRA

Also, why do you think the VA recommends VSOs, and once you get one, it almost takes an act of congress to get rid of them?

Also, why do you think the VA recommends VSOs, and once you get one, it almost takes an act of congress to get rid of them?

The old me peeks out at certain times and that former self would say, 'because they're trying to protect the veteran.' Now, however, the harsh reality has lifted the curtain to the farce that I have lived. Its funny, yet cruel, how you can live oblivious to the truth until you step onto the other side of that curtain. IDK which is more pathetic. (talking about myself) Being oblivious to a truth that stares you in the face, or finding yourself stepping back into the farce. Sorry if this sounds incoherent. Its rather late.

I fired the MOPH in March 2008. They still send my stuff to them and have them listed even though I took Walsh to the CAVC. Shows you how well they read your files. The absolute best one was a Marine I got 280% for near me. He'd been using AmLeg but had given up on them three years earlier and quietly began doing his own. We won at the BVA with a good video hearing and an iron clad nexus the rep forgot to tell him he needed. Two good buddy letters as well. A month after the win, guess who shows up on the doorstep waving the rating and asking for a photo op for the trophy wall? Yeppers. The AWOL rep nobody'd seen in years. He didn't get his photo. Tom's wife threatened to sic the dog on him.

clear prop.

It had got to the point that my DAV rep in waco was ducking my calls. So I called the rep at the local chapter who holds the door open at the post, and told him what was going on. I could tell he was having a beer summit with the boys and he bacame quite honest and direct with me, and said.. "' when the SO s start doing that you have to drive up there and surprise them""

Need I say more?

Edited by 63SIERRA