VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Check Out This Iris Reply?

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

I contacted the Iris site about the status of My Claims

"Veteran/Inquirer 10/12/2006 10:01 AM

I am inquiring about my claims from March 2005 again . Also what is the status of my Appeals and when will they be worked. Thank You "

This was their Response

" Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 10/17/2006 11:07 AM

October 17, 2006

Mr. Joseph:

Please use our website at for general information on VA benefits. We are unable to answer confidential, claim-specific questions. You may also call our toll free number

1-800-827-1000".

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

That is very odd---

Did you use the query page where you click on Status, then Comp,etc and then give them your c file number, state where claim is at , etc?

It seems like they did not route your request to the VARO at all.

I would try the Inquery page again if I were you and make sure the State and all the fields there are filled in.

They usually send a link via email that you have to click on to get their reply- did they send a link or just this email reply?

Edited by Berta

We have called the 800# and all we get is we are not able to access your file at this time. We always hang up then, put should we hang on and talk to someone or talk to our Rep. ? We do have his VA file number but yet the recording says unable to access your file, Why is that? What good is the 800# if you can not access your file?

I never heard that kid of recording at all at the 800#-

usually just a recording saying all vet reps are busy and to hold on.

Have you tried the VA inquery system on this or talked to your vet rep to get the status?

Maybe their PCs are down and you could call back later.

Here in NY even when the PCS are down-they still have vet reps answering the phones to tell callers to call back later.

Yes the same as I do every time. and it did go to VARO because it had the same signature as always.

I was surprised also because I always got some kind of legitimate reply before.

I never heard that kid of recording at all at the 800#-

usually just a recording saying all vet reps are busy and to hold on.

Have you tried the VA inquery system on this or talked to your vet rep to get the status?

Maybe their PCs are down and you could call back later.

Here in NY even when the PCS are down-they still have vet reps answering the phones to tell callers to call back later.

Maybe we are punching in the wrong number It say to press 1 to verify the statis of your disability then to put your file # in and thats when we get the recording that they are unable to access your file at this time