VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctors Letter

Rate this question

diver

Question

Hello all. I was told by my DAV rep who I can never get a hold of and when I do he tries to get me off the phone as fast as he can. And he will be dumped as soon as my claim is done. Sorry. He told me that my ptsd, hearing, and my heel spurs are deferred and that even with a hand written imo with proper contact info that my hips are denied service connection for chronic pain. This is the seccond time they just threw out my hips as a claim. I don't know how to proceed. In 96 I was taken to the USNS Mercy for seafare weekend by the VA. The Dr on the ship told me I had bone spurs. I was there for my knees so I pushed for an increase for the spurs and the doctors kept telling me that there are none in my knees. Well recently I had xrays of my ankles and they showed large spurs on my heals. Now that they are deferred what should I do about my heel spurs and my hips. I am scheduled to see yet another new Dr at my VA clinic and I am going to try to get a new letter from them but I have yet to find a VA Dr in Seattle that is willing to give me a letter in support of my hips.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If it IS secondary ( I am not a doctor)

the podiatrist would know.

"When I am done with this claim I plan on putting in for an increase for my chrondromalacia in both knees and the flex in both knees"

That might be a Very good idea, to do that ASAP.

What type of doctor treats you for the chrondromalacia?

You need a ortho doc who will look at the whole picture.

A podiatrist would probably see the nexus here to the other conditions, but I am not sure.

This case has heel spur rating info:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp05/Files4/0527174.txt

If I were you I would check all of your diagnostic code and see if the ratings match up with the VA Schedule of Ratings here.

I need to change something I said....you already get 50% for depression but you said your PTSD claim was deffered.

VA will only pay for one MH issue. I missed that yesterday...sorry.

Thank you and no worries about the PTSD. I brought up the same thing to my rep and he stated that I should leave it and let them rate it just incase they rate it higher then 50.