VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Appeal To Bva 5 Years Old Without Progress

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

This is getting almost comical. I have been in appeals to the BVA since 2010 and they still have not even sent my stuff to the BVA yet. I recently e-mailed Bob McDonald and got a response that they would look into it last week. When I send in an inquiry I get the exact generic same answer each time. Is there any specific legal recourse that I can take to see exactly what is going on?

My Appeal sat at the VARO for 4 years until they transferred it. I got a congressional inquiry into the matter and their reasoning was that my other local appeal needed to be completed first so they could transfer it all together. What it all boils down to is the VA are a bunch of worthless pieces and the rules are set up to give them all the time they need to aggravate us without accountability.... Example: You have 365 days to appeal their decision. On paper It looks like it is for your benefit, like they are giving you plenty time to get you stuff together, but what that actually means is, your file was just placed back at the bottom of the stack, you can send your NOD one day after you receive the SOC if you want, but they will not look at it until that year is up!  Effectively adding 3+ years to your misery.

Edited by 8up4life

my claims go back to 1997, then the update and second set of my claims/appeals were 2009.... Now, still at BVA and several remands.... while insane I think anyone who gets resolution in less then 5 years is the luckiest sob ever... more years than that is either a poor dead sob, or too old to remember... etc... the people running the VARO scams and denials, know they will be long gone when the VA works on your claims and anything the people at VARO are long retired, and al they did wrong is buried....