Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted!

Rate this topic

Swarthy

Congrats! I was wondering if someone could tell me when will I hear something from an appeal I won back in July 2015. The appeal goes back to November 2008 and I was granted service connection for PTSD and Panic Attacks. I haven't heard anything from the Regional office yet. Could anyone give me some insight on why it is taking so long to get a reply from Regional office?

In the statement by the board it states as the following:

As the Board finds that service connection is warranted for PTSD and Panic disorder, a FULL GRANT of the Benefits sought on appeal has been granted.

Please explain that statement for clarity.

The Order states the following:

Reopening of a claim for service connection for a mental condition, claimed as a generalized anxiety disorder and a panic disorder, is granted.

Entitlement to service connection for PTSD and Panic disorder is granted.

Am I looking good now? Because this has been a fight for years!

thrill101

Congrats! I was wondering if someone could tell me when will I hear something from an appeal I won back in July 2014. The appeal goes back to November 2008 and I was granted service connection for PTSD and Panic Attacks. I haven't heard anything from the Regional office yet. Could anyone give me some insight on why it is taking so long to get a reply from Regional office?

In the statement by the board it states as the following:

As the Board finds that service connection is warranted for PTSD and Panic disorder, a FULL GRANT of the Benefits sought on appeal has been granted.

Please explain that statement for clarity?

The Order states the following:

Reopening of a claim for service connection for a mental condition, claimed as a generalized anxiety disorder and a panic disorder, is granted.

Entitlement to service connection for PTSD and Panic disorder is granted.

Edited by thrill101

thrill101 - Is that July 2014?

If so, you might want to follow up on that. This seems like a long time to hear nothing.

I received my BVA decision in mid-November. A few days later I got a letter from the RO letting me know they "received my claim." That is the only thing I have heard so far on mine.

Think Outside the Box!

free_spirit_etc, It is July 2014 is when I received the big yellow envelope from the bva stating I had won my appeals. Thanks for your reply. I haven't received a letter from the regional office yet, like you stated. My regional office is in St. Petersburg, Florida. Yes, it has been 7 months and no letter. I am waiting until the end of February 2015. Then I will need to seek some kind of divine or legal help at the regional office. I will talk to my lawyer and see what kind of options we have, in my situation. Thank you and God Bless You and All Veterans.

Respectfully,

Gulf War Veteran

thrill101

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use