VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial Success/dro Hearing Finalized Pending Claim/appealed Issues Being Decided In Estimated 30Days

Rate this topic

ArNG11

Did the doctor use the magic words of at least as like as and did he state that he reviewed all your service medical records? That's important. Sleep apnea is a big ticket item and they, the VA will squirm their way out of connecting that big item. I had evidence of fatigue in service but they related that to my hypothyroidism during the DRO. During the C&p for the thyroid they denied the fatigue because " the doc stated veteran wakes up refreshed because of use of CPAP. But under the sleep apnea DBQ they answered no to me using a CPAP. It is very difficult to get this connected, not impossible but difficult. You need an IME/IMO and documented symptoms in service, otherwise your arguments will be futile.

With SSDI almost everyone gets denied the first time. Just make sure you appeal if you have the evidence to fight it. With SSDI there is no partial disability. You either can sustain gainful employment or you can not. However, they take all your conditions and injuries into account. That's what I've found out so far and what I've experienced.

The Chief Neuro only says in 2A Describe the history(including onset and course) of the veterans sleep disorder condition.

The patient has a long history of snoring, interrupted sleep + daytime sleepiness. these symptoms are documented in his military records (7/9/99) from active duty through work up was not pursued till he left the military.

The Chief Neuro only says in 2A Describe the history(including onset and course) of the veterans sleep disorder condition.

The patient has a long history of snoring, interrupted sleep + daytime sleepiness. these symptoms are documented in his military records (7/9/99) from active duty through work up was not pursued till he left the military.

with that you would reason that you would be golden. I'm betting a shot of your favorite liquid calm that once sleep apnea is no longer a compensable condition CPAP AND BIPAPS will be prescribed like they were Motrin in the military. Edited by ArNG11

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use