VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two E Benefits Places In 4 Hours ?

Rate this question

RickH

Question

Hi All

Today at 10:30 AM(3/24/2015) my appeal status was 2. I was waiting for my claim to go to

my VSO in Washington to check and see if my IME-IMO that I sent after my SSOC was in my

C-file.

When I got home after shopping at 4:45PM, I looked and it was at stage 4,( with the VLJ) what tha???

What if my buddy letters and my IME-IMO didn't get in???

RickH

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

Hi, All I called the VSO(legion) at the BVA today and my new info has

been added. I waived the VSO step and the RO step and I was sent to

the VLJ directly do no pass go do not collect 200. : )

RickH,

Sorry about being so paranoid, I just don't trust anyone at you know where!!

Patience is a virtue. How about some claims and appeals time-line info? The only "For Certain" thing about your claim/appeal is that it's going to take as long as it takes. Along the way you may make some mistakes that either help or hurt your end result. Very difficult to determine the when of anything when dealing with VA Claims/Appeals.

Your time might be better served concentrating on your old and "New & Material Evidence" and being sure it is in the hands of either your VARO or the BVA. Not rally sure what you meant by waiving the VSO & VARO step. Did you mean the DRO Review/Hearing? If you opt for BVA your CFile stays at the VARO until certified and transfered to BVA. Have you received the VA N & M Evidence submission cut off letter yet? Has a Docket # been assigned to your appeal?

Semper Fi

Gastone

RickH indicates his claim is in stage 2 at the BVA on appeal. There are 6 steps. Step #3 involves having the VSO Appeals teams (often made up of several different VSO officers-not just the ones representing you) review your claims file for completeness. By necessity, in order to do this, the claims file must be in DC. RickH does still have th eability to submit N&ME at the moment but I wouldn't wait too long. It will be before the VLJ in less than 10 months.

The reference to "the RO step", I believe, is the filing of a Waiver of Review in the first instance to prevent the boomerang effect of one's claim being returned to your RO due to some stupid mistake on the rater's part. Here's a screenshot of what the appeals steps look like on eBenefits. Obviously, if you do not have anything on appeal, you cannot access this page as there is nothing to view.

post-12899-0-13532600-1427646745_thumb.p

Edited by asknod