• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C&p Question

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Hi all,

How long after having a C&P exam should you wait before requesting copy of the doctor's or NP's report of findings. Also when requesting, do we request the report from the VARO's cfile or from the VAMC where the C&P exam was done? Is this a standard request or is this a FOIA request?

Thanks,

Jangrin :)

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi all,

How long after having a C&P exam should you wait before requesting copy of the doctor's or NP's report of findings. Also when requesting, do we request the report from the VARO's cfile or from the VAMC where the C&P exam was done? Is this a standard request or is this a FOIA request?

Thanks,

Jangrin :)

John had his C&P exam on the 6th and on the 13th of this month, we went to the records dept. on the 13th and signed a release form and recieved a copy of all on the 26th ( This was at the VA hospital )

• HadIt.com Elder

It ususally takes a few weeks to get the report back from the VAMC. Once you get the C&P exam you are on the fast track to get a rating in my experience.

It ususally takes a few weeks to get the report back from the VAMC. Once you get the C&P exam you are on the fast track to get a rating in my experience.

Does the VA Hospital that gives the exam automatically send a copy to the veteran as well as the requester? Or will the veteran have to request a copy?

Guest jangrin
Does the VA Hospital that gives the exam automatically send a copy to the veteran as well as the requester? Or will the veteran have to request a copy?

Brandy,

From everything that I have read, The veteran has to request a copy. I don't think the VA does anything without it first being a request. My philosophy, when in doubt, request it, usually in TRIPLICATE. hehehe :)

Jangrin

Guest jangrin

Thank you all,

Does anyone out there have a blank "download able" copy of the request for records form that I could down load off the forum here?

Or does anyone have a source for the "BLANK FORM" or the official VA form number that we can down load from the VA form web site? I would like to make copies then I could fill it out and fax it in for records as we need to.

Please.

Thanks again, Jangrin