• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C&p Question

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Hi all,

How long after having a C&P exam should you wait before requesting copy of the doctor's or NP's report of findings. Also when requesting, do we request the report from the VARO's cfile or from the VAMC where the C&P exam was done? Is this a standard request or is this a FOIA request?

Thanks,

Jangrin :)

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest terrysturgis

The way I did it was after each C&P or medical exam I went to the Records office and signed a release of information form for each visit. In the Battle Creek VAMC office the personel treated me great and I got to know them good. The results usually got to me in about a week. Terry Sturgis

By VA regulation, They have 31 days from administering the exam to getting it back to the requestor.

Where can someone find this regulation.I did a C&P exam on 9-15 and it still has not been sent to the RO AS OF 10-27 I was told that the Dr. has to sign off on it before it can be sent and my file is still on the Dr's desk.

Actually, the preliminary report was probally sent to the Regional office the afternoon you had it. The enitire process is computrized. The RO is not allowed to (or so they say as a delay tatic) touch it until the results and C file are back in their possession. Usually the examiner and his boss reviews and signs the report.

sometimes if you go to the records release dept you can get some of them back that day depending on what the C&P was for. I got back two of mine the same day by just going their and requesting them. The others they said they would mail them they were dictated. Mind you these were just the reports of the actual physical exams not the doctors notes related to it. In many cases if you have secondary claims to a primary claim they have to first examine all the secondary ailments that you have and investigate as to the liklihood of them being connected to your primary claim for SC but, at least you would have the actual exam to look at which contains the diagnosis. This in itself sometimes is a relief to know that they at least didnt say that you didnt have any problems whatsoever which I have heard happens sometimes. On mine I had several secondary exams that one doctor would look at all of them (to get an overall picture) at once to determine if they were related overall. Which is the same process usually for unemployability. One doctor looks at many doctor exams and the medications your on, examines you a little further, asks questions related to your concerns about your ailments and then they dictate their findings to send to the RO. Or at least in my case thats what they did.

I had a C&P on the 18th of october for increase of ptsd. I was told I had to request a copy from the ro. the vamc told me they do not give copys of c&p becuase it was the ro request. so i would call the vamc and ask for the "release of information desk" and ask them how they do it. you never know with the va. :)