Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Infeasible To Work?

Rate this question

Dustin2100

Question

I have been going to Vocation Rehab and they were working with me for a while. They were about to send me to college and they changed their mind and said that I was not employable. I did not even have a chance to do anything wrong? I could understand it if I had failed classes, but it caught me off guard. I went in the office talking about college and working at the post office!!!

I am 70% PTSD and I am receiving SSDI. I just got notice that I am unemployable, I really dont know what to expect now?! I didnt ask for my situation, I really wanted/expected to work. I put in a claim to increase my PTSD rating. I am short on words and dont know if I am explaining myself well enough? Thanks for looking at my post!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment to this scenario,

I have been unemployed for 30 months and for the past 24 month's it's been because of my health and disabilities. I have been in VOC rehab for 2 years and recently filed for IU and SSDI. My case is already in prep for decision, so anything at this point might be new and material evidence and not used to decide the claim. My question is, i here some talk about having the councilor write a letter about unemployable.

My councilor know's i am with struggling grades and is why i have 40+ hours of tutoring a month. I am afraid if i tell here the real truth about how frustrating it is going to school with my failing to near failing grades i have received because of my Migraines and memory loss to say the few issue's i deal with. The reason why i am worried telling the councilor is because my source of income is the VOC rehab stipend, if this is taken away from me i will be homeless again. I just got out of homelessness with 11 year old child in August 2014 and don't want that again. What's your thoughts?? should i tell the Voc rehab in efforts to support my claim? Should i wait for the decision being made before i jump the gun.. what's your thoughts?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment to this scenario,

I have been unemployed for 30 months and for the past 24 month's it's been because of my health and disabilities. I have been in VOC rehab for 2 years and recently filed for IU and SSDI. My case is already in prep for decision, so anything at this point might be new and material evidence and not used to decide the claim. My question is, i here some talk about having the councilor write a letter about unemployable.

My councilor know's i am with struggling grades and is why i have 40+ hours of tutoring a month. I am afraid if i tell here the real truth about how frustrating it is going to school with my failing to near failing grades i have received because of my Migraines and memory loss to say the few issue's i deal with. The reason why i am worried telling the councilor is because my source of income is the VOC rehab stipend, if this is taken away from me i will be homeless again. I just got out of homelessness with 11 year old child in August 2014 and don't want that again. What's your thoughts?? should i tell the Voc rehab in efforts to support my claim? Should i wait for the decision being made before i jump the gun.. what's your thoughts?

You may want to post this as a separate post. jmo

pr

You know, 30 months ago i was a top IT guy with more than 20 years of Experience, i had trouble even with help from haddit on how to create a new topic epic fail.. ill try again.. i just gave up.. Thanx for the un going help..