Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration?

Rate this question

jefmil50

Question

How long after recieving my decision letter do I have to file for "Reconsideration" ? I ask that question because Monday 4/12/15 I am going to call my VSO and ask him to send me exactly what he told me last week he is doing about my decision. He stated to me that he was going to ask the RO to change the 30% increase to 60% for neurogenic bladder and 100% for suprapubic cystotomy. So if that is true of him doing what ever is needed then I want written confirmation of this and not just a verbal confirmation. Never do trust h/she said from the VA especially. I know no matter what I need to keep track of the date to file a NOD in the 1 year time limit frame.

Just looked at the "Evidence Considered" and the last one says, Tampa VAMC treatment records from November 14, 2014 to March 15, 2015. There is no evidence prior to that such as VAMC treatment records of July of 2014 which includes an admittance for UTI and an indwelling catheter prescribed by the ER admitting Dr. Also the VAMC treatment records from September showing suprapubic cytotomy that was performed because of acute urine retention.

So any thoughts of whAT I should do? Thanks.

Edited by jefmil50

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

So gave a call to my VSO he is asking the RO to change the increase from 30% to 100% based on the suprapubic cystotomy that was performed in September of 2014. Like I have stated in previous posts, according to 38 CFR 4.115B a suprapubic cystotomy is to be rated under voiding dysfunction at 100%. I guess we just wait and see!