Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Extended "approximate" Dates On Claims Completions

Rate this question

josef7070

Question

I got off the phone yesterday with 1 800 bennies, and as I was asking questions concerning my claim, the rep told me that my approximate completion date was now,

March of 2016. I finally got through in the early evening, and the rep advised that the VA has now pushed the completion dates far in the future. He also told me that

there is a new system in place as of yesterday, and he is not sure it this is a glitch, but he can't understand the year push on claims. WOW, what was changed?

What new system is he talking about? Why are dates now being pushed one year? I told him that I hope earnestly that we don't go back to the old regime and have

to wait 500 to 600 days for a completion of claims, no answer. Has anybody received the same info? Its important to know. I hope all have a great day today....

josef7070

6 answers to this question

Julie1975

Have you tried calling 1-800-827-1000 to check on the status of your clam?

Did you file a FDC claim? If you filed an FDC claim, when you call the 1-800 number, ask if they are still showing your claim as an FDC claim or a standard claim. If it was changed from an FDC claim to a standard claim, it will take longer to be processed.

Regardless of whether your claim is FDC or a standard claim, if you do not get a reasonable response from the 1-800 number, you should email Undersecretary Hickey and request assistance from her to get your claim moving.

Her email address is: allison.hickey@va.gov

Undersecretary Hickey has helped a lot of veterans with their claims. Since you are in to your 6th month since filing your claim, you should have heard something by now. I hope you have proof (green certified return receipt card, etc.) of your claim being received by the VA.

Good luck.

GP

My claim has been at Prep for Decision this second time for over 2 months, and my claim has never had an Estimated Completion Date. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Julie1975

Have you tried calling 1-800-827-1000 to check on the status of your clam?

Did you file a FDC claim? If you filed an FDC claim, when you call the 1-800 number, ask if they are still showing your claim as an FDC claim or a standard claim. If it was changed from an FDC claim to a standard claim, it will take longer to be processed.

Regardless of whether your claim is FDC or a standard claim, if you do not get a reasonable response from the 1-800 number, you should email Undersecretary Hickey and request assistance from her to get your claim moving.

Her email address is: allison.hickey@va.gov

Undersecretary Hickey has helped a lot of veterans with their claims. Since you are in to your 6th month since filing your claim, you should have heard something by now. I hope you have proof (green certified return receipt card, etc.) of your claim being received by the VA.

Good luck.

GP

GP,

I "re-opened" some (8) items on eBenefits and am still within my one-year appeal period of my original award decision date (Oct 2014). I can see my entire case and everything I've uploaded in Benefits (along with some NEW (5) items added at the suggestion of the VA).

I've also submitted an NOD to my original claim. I had to mail in my NOD and yes, I have the green cards from both my RO and the Intake Center where they signed for my NOD. :)

I'm not sure if they will cancel out my re-opened items once they see I have an NOD for some of the reopened items. I submitted an IRIS inquire so I'll give them a month to reply then I'll email Ms. Hickey. I feel like I'm pretty early into this so don't want to bother her for a five month old claim when others have waited years. I'm hoping they decide my claim soon, so I can cancel the NOD.

Thanks for the info! You always provide sound advice.

- Julie

Edited by Julie1975

You are welcome Julie.

GP