Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pre-Hearing Review?

Rate this question

mbl22885

Question

I am 100% service connected VA for PTSD. I also have received a student loan discharge. When I submitted the documentation for these two things and medical records I requested an OTR decision. I had contacted one of my senators after this, and last week the senators constituent advocate told me the otr request was rejected. Today I called the national SSA number and my local ODAR to inquire about the status of my claim and both told me my claim is in a pre-hearing review with my assigned judge. What does that mean and how much of a wait am I potentially looking at for a hearing date?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I dont know what an OTR decision is, but did you make sure the SSA has all of your VA medical records?

My husband signed authorization forms for SSA to obtain all of his med recs.

After time had passed, I contacted my 2 state Senators and my Congressman.

The VA sent them statements containing an outright lie, saying SSA had refused to release these records to the VA.

It was absolute BS, they had never even sent SSA the authorization forms at all ..

As it was, the SSA finally got the VA records.My husband was dead by then.

100% posthumous VA award for PTSD. , with a favorable EED based on the SSA PTSD award letter, 3 years after his death.

The SSA award was solely based on his VA med recs, but they (VA) had kept him at 30%.

It p[ays to check that SSA has all of the evidence they need, to include VA med recs.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/on-the-record.html

Ssa has my c and p exam, my original decision letter putting me at 50%, my recent va problems and medication list, and the decision letter for my 100% rating.

I see a private LMHC for counseling. I went this route for counseling due to the VA only diagnosing a NOS anxiety disorder after 6 years of treatment. My dad is a Vietnam vet and had always encouraged me to seek service connected for PTSD despite not having a diagnosis, so finally I did and the examiner diagnosed me.

Thanks for that link!

With 100% SC from VA for PTSD I dont think the SSDI would deny your SSDI claim.

"I went this route for counseling due to the VA only diagnosing a NOS anxiety disorder after 6 years of treatment. My dad is a Vietnam vet and had always encouraged me to seek service connected for PTSD despite not having a diagnosis, so finally I did and the examiner diagnosed me"

You mean that a VA MH provider VA changed the NOS anxiety disorder to SC PTSD?

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry mbl22885 didn't meant to hi-jack your post but Have a Question.

My spouse is not a veteran but she used the VAMC for all her medical the last 15 years when it was on the citi program

. NOW she needs to file for her SSD/SSDI

is there anything she needs to do as for as getting her medical records from the VA? or will SSD do it?

she has a letter from her VA PCP-MD

stating she cant work due to all her multi - disability's...she is going in person to the SSA office May 13th she has an Appointment.

Any Advice would help

Thanks

................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

No worries Buck. Wish I had an answer for you.

The OTR was denied, so I hired an attorney and it was his opinion that the OTR was denied due to the ALJ not having my full VA medical record. He has since drafted and submitted another OTR request with my full medical record, so here's hoping.

I mean I wasn't officially diagnosed with PTSD until my C and P exam. My C and P was actually contracted out to a non-va private provider. The VA had me listed as anxiety disorder NOS until the c and p examiner diagnosed PTSD.