Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C&p Examination

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

I received a package from a VA contractor (Logistics Health Inc.) saying they have set me up for C&P examination with a Nurse Practitioner on 28 April 2015. The Contractor said the C&P exam is scheduled for one and one half hours. The following is the services VA has instructed the contractor to perform:
Medical: 90 minutes patient time; 75 minutes admin time
DBQ MUSC Back (Thoracolumbar Spine)
DBQ MUSC Foot Conditions, Including Flatfoot
DBQ MUSC Hip and Thigh
DBQ NEURO Peripheral Nerves
Med - Medical Records/Cfile Review - FILL FIRST
CPT 99090 - Analysis of clinical data stored in computer (Claim File)
CPT 99205 - Level 5 E/M, new patient (60 Minutes)
CPT 99354 - Prolonged service, first hour
DBQ Medical Opinion: Foot Conditions
DBQ Medical Opinion: Hip and Thigh
DBQ Medical Opinion: Peripheral Nerves Condition
I am wondering why they are asking for another DBQ and medical opinion on my feet. I had a foot C&P (not sure you can call it an exam - exam took 12 minutes) at the Frank Tejeda clinic on
2 February 2015.
Other than the foot C&P mentioned above and a C&P exam for hearing several years ago, this is all new to me.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this C&P exam might or will consist of. An hour and a half does not appear to be sufficient time to actually perform any tests such as Electromyogram (EMG) Nerve Conduction Studies, ROMs, etc.
Your thoughts will be appreciated. Dick Hill

I had the scheduled C&P with VA contractor (Logistics Health Inc.) on 28 Apr 15. It covered all areas that I mentioned in my 21 April post. My question now is what do I need to do to get a copy of the Nurse Practitioner's report of examination and a copy of the three medical opinions she was supposed to white.

All info appreciated. Dick Hill

DickHill until the Claim is completed you will not be able to see the results. If the C/P had been done at a VA facility you could review them through MyHealthyVets. In the meantime you can submit a FOIA request for the release of the medical (CP) notes.

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Navy4Life. Thanks. One C&P was done back in Feb at a VA clinic and it was in my MyHealtheVet file about a week later. This is my first claim since 2010. I assumed after seeing the Feb DBQ results in MyHealtheVet, that the VA contractor DBQs would be there too. Again thanks for the info.