VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Withdraw Appeal And Starting New Claim,

Rate this question

DD0351

Question

How's it going thanks for the help in advance.

I'm currently 100tdiu total and permanently with no future exams

I'm appealing my first ever claim but I want to withdraw my claim appeal and start a whole new claim for the disabilities I was denied, which is about 6 things I wasn't awarded. But i was wondering if I submit a new claim for other disabilities I have is it possible that me filing a new cliam can possible hurt what I have now since I'm 100tdiu total permanet.

I know I won't get more pay if approved for them but there's a bunch of things I'm diagnosed with that I was denied at the time becuz I didn't have a current diagnosed but i have them now, just don't wanna screw up with I have now

Edited by DD0351

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Congrats on the IU, you can always file for what you think you should, just remember that the VA can always think that you are rocking the boat. I am a prime example, am 100% SC for multiple high %s, well I filed an FDC in Nov 14 to reopen previously denied conditions. Well with this claim it looks like these 7 or 8 conditions will be granted, but the VA decided to Review all my already SC high %s, which were not up for review until Feb 2016, yet I was Reviewed Feb 15. Those reevals were awful, especially the PTSD Review. Well luckily it backfired on the VA, and not only will those conditions continue at High %s, but a few will be actually increased. In the long run, just a stressful time for me. Good luck and you do what you feel is right. God Bless!!!

DD0351,

Navy is right. Anytime you file a new clam, it opens the door for the VA to review all of your current service connected disabilities. They may try to lower some of your current ratings or they may leave them alone. Just be prepared to deal with the possibility of a proposed reduction in rating. JMO

Good luck.

GP

Even if I'm at total disability and considered permanent with no future exams already they can still possibly review what I already been granted, when I try to open a new claim becuz when I filed in 12' I was denied for not current diagnose and now I have a diagnosis for denied items for awhile now but left the appeal alone since I was already getting paid 100% plus I want to turn those zero% into something

I have

SSDI

TDIU

70 ptsd

10 bi lateral foot cod

0 bilateral shoulder

0 Ecemza

Denied

Back

Bilateral Knees

Tinnitus

Edited by DD0351

• HadIt.com Elder

How's it going thanks for the help in advance.

I'm currently 100tdiu total and permanently with no future exams

I'm appealing my first ever claim but I want to withdraw my claim appeal and start a whole new claim for the disabilities I was denied, which is about 6 things I wasn't awarded. But i was wondering if I submit a new claim for other disabilities I have is it possible that me filing a new cliam can possible hurt what I have now since I'm 100tdiu total permanet.

I know I won't get more pay if approved for them but there's a bunch of things I'm diagnosed with that I was denied at the time becuz I didn't have a current diagnosed but i have them now, just don't wanna screw up with I have now

Withdrawing is usually not in your best interest. Remember that an EDD may change, and you might run into the time limits for the appeal, forcing a new claim.

If the denied conditions are secondary to approved ones, that also can be a consideration.

"I know I won't get more pay if approved for them"

That may not be the case! If there is a single 100% rating, or a TDIU 100% rating,

and you have additional ratings of 60%, SMC can be involved.

Edited by Chuck75

Withdrawing is usually not in your best interest. Remember that an EDD may change, and you might run into the time limits for the appeal, forcing a new claim.

If the denied conditions are secondary to approved ones, that also can be a consideration.

I'm not sure what EDD stands for, I'm just withdrawing the appeal since they take forever and im not worried about the back pay since I'm already getting paid the 100% rate, but I domt wanna cause any problems with my at granted claims

Chuck75 ur right I fogrot that's why I would like to apply for additional claims becuz of SMC but I need approvals for denied claims but I'm just afraid to mess up what I already have.

Edited by DD0351

I was talking to the DAV and they told me to apply for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome as gulf war illness that Afghanistan has been added to the gulf war illness, also for the airborne hazards from the burn pits we had