VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting New Claim...will It Hinder Fdc Claim Already In Process?

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

I currently have an FDC claim that I am awaiting a decision on. Last week on Ebennies I clicked the "decide my claim" for it since I have submitted everything for it.

Yesterday I received a letter from the VA stating "Due to your dental trauma and passing out from your service connected anorexia nervosa, If you would like to file a claim for increase for anorexia nervosa, please submit your application."

My current FDC claim is for dental secondary to my Anorexia Nervosa.....

So the question is should I submit and if so is this going to affect my current FDC claim or do you think someone in the RO office is working on my FDC and it prompted this letter???

Thank You for the answers!

4 answers to this question

Navy4life,

I think if you submit a claim requesting an increase in your rating for anorexia nervosa at this time, your request for increase in rating will be combined with your current FDC claim and your combined claims will become a standard claim. You are currently rated at 60%. You would have to get at least an additional 20% in your current anorexia nervosa rating to make any difference. If you don't think you would receive a substantial increase in your anorexia nervosa rating, I would suggest waiting until your FDC claim is closed. Others may have a different opinion.

Based on the question asked by the VA in the letter you received, it appears to me the VA is associating your dental trauma to your passing out from your anorexia nervosa. If this is the case, it is a positive sign for your FDC claim. Then again I could be wrong. JMO

Good luck and take care.

GP

Georgiapapa;

I agree with you! I researched the Anorexia Nervosa and I just don't see me getting to the 30% mark for that rating...It is a very difficult uphill battle to get to just 10% for me...I am at 0% and that is where I will remain. I don't want to upset the apple cart and think that just letting my FDC go through is best...

I just don't understand why I would get a letter like that....

Thank you for your response...

Steph

You are welcome.

Good luck and take care.

GP

You are already SC, the FDC program only affects you if its your original claim. The benefit of FDC on your original claim is the 12 additional months of retro you will lose if you are removed from the program. Other than that after your original claim it means nothing. It is not any faster than standard processing.