VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Did I Screw Up?

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

Rated 50% SC PTSD

Doc stated serious impairment to social and employment, suicidal ideation, mood disorder etc etc etc. Unemployed since 2004 and gaf rating of 48. Was sent IU form with rating letter.

Immediately appealed for 100% and returned IU form along with letters from wife, mother, sister and myself. Also independent doctor`s letter stating I was severe PTSD, totally & permanently disabled and unable to ever work again. Gave me a gaf score of 40. A very reputable doctor.

My question is did I screw up sending back the IU form they sent me because I don`t have at least a 60% disability rating? I was told by someone today I`ll be denied because of that. I have heard of people getting 100% rated with an appeal while being less than 60%.

Cavman

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

jstacy:

Can I terminate my SO by email or do I have to send a letter? Should I let VA RO know not to keep him up to date regarding any of my claims etc.?

Cavman

Cavman, try this one out: http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/...3/ch03_seca.doc

Type a letter to the Ro and tell them you are terminating the POA from the representative. Keep a copy.

If at the BVA, you have to ask them for permission to do so.

Edited by jstacy

Maybe someone can answer my question. I have done everything on my husbands claim(s) to the VA. I also call the 800# for updates. The problem is they always ask to talk with him to confirm that they can talk with me. I have a power of attorney with the VA for medical purposes but this is a different poa than what they want apparently. One time I mentioned to them that I had a poa and they said "oh so your husband is incompetent? I said no he is not! I did some checking into this and I understand there are different poa's and there is one type is for a one time only, like for only one claim. I would like to able to handle this without bothering my husband. He obviously knows everything I am doing but he does not understand the language of the VA nor does he care to.

Can anyone tell me how I can be the representative for my husband in the VA's terms?

Call the number and have your husband get on an extension where he can also talk. This will make it easier for you.

Edited by jstacy

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife has "Full and Complete" POA "to act in any situation as I would act if I, myself, were acting in my behalf", whether for legal, medical or other reasons. This POA is filed here in the county clerk's office and whenever she has something to do involving the POA, she simply whips out her copy, duly stamped and signed by the Notary Public and notated upon which book it is filed in at the county office.

No Problema. Nada.

My wife has "Full and Complete" POA "to act in any situation as I would act if I, myself, were acting in my behalf", whether for legal, medical or other reasons. This POA is filed here in the county clerk's office and whenever she has something to do involving the POA, she simply whips out her copy, duly stamped and signed by the Notary Public and notated upon which book it is filed in at the county office.

No Problema. Nada.

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. If you look at jstacy's reply below to cavman, there is a link to the M21-1 that shows the different POA's that you can have. Do you know which one your wife has?

Brandy