Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won Cue Now How To Get Retro For Dependents

Rate this question

RodnAnn

Question

I won my CUE all the way back to 1990 & was granted 30% for PTSD. Now how do I make them pay retro for my two children that were still in school at the time and for my wife. My daughter was 6 and my son was 14. Do I have to file a NOD for the retro payments for them ? Anyone ever had experience with this issue? I appreciate any input. Btw my wife was added as a dependent in 2008 when I was able to reopen my claim for PTSD.

My experience is that the VA fights you wherever/whenever they get a chance, including dependents. Im still fighting VA because they shredded my dependent information which was provided with the initial application, again in 2006, again in 2009 and still again in 2013. Even tho my son has gotten Chapter 35 education benefits if I did not send his information???

I have given up on the dependents right now..you see, if I get an eariler date then I will have a year to send it to VA a fifth time..for them to shred again. This time I will send it to Allison Hickey.

My decision came back with no dependents, despite this info being provided...go figure. So I logged into E Bennies and completed the info through the portal. I was shocked to receive an updated claim letter from the RO within a week adjusting the retro to include the dependents.

IDK if it will apply for your case but it worked for my situation.